Nov 30 2016
Previously, we discussed how science and spirituality can be bridged by expanding our understanding of reality at the microcosmic and macrocosmic levels. Now I’d like to compare the Big Picture described by two masterful “consciousness explorers,” who in their own way validate much of each other’s work. What is the Big Picture?
What is a consciousness explorer?
There are many ways to reach various levels of higher consciousness. We’ve had countless masters (e.g. Buddha, Jesus, Babaji) show the way. Some have “ascended” beyond incarnation, while others are still here to teach us that we’re more than physical beings on planet Earth.
- Most people don’t realize that the frequency of the Earth and humanity was much lower at the time of Jesus, Buddha and other masters compared to where we are now.
- People had to use various tools (e.g. prayer, meditation, psychoactive drugs, shamanic practices, etc.) to reach a state of “Christ consciousness” or “cosmic consciousness.”
But things are different now. As Itzhak Bentov (“A Brief Tour of Higher Consciousness”) noted:
“There is no limit to the extent of human consciousness. It can expand to fill the universe, and then you…have a diplomatic visa to infinity.” – Itzhak Bentov
That doesn’t mean we’re born fully plugged into the higher realms. It still takes practice and dedication, just like it does to become a concert pianist or an Olympic athlete. But there are newer tools that today’s consciousness explorers can use and teach to others. For example:
- Tom Campbell is a nuclear physicist, who worked at NASA and The Monroe Institute to hone his skills in exploring different levels of reality with Robert Monroe and others.
- Guy Needler is an engineer and a reiki master, who learned energy and vibrational therapy techniques, and devised his own way to traverse the higher frequencies far and wide.
- What makes these two explorers different is their strong science and engineering background, which allows them to ask the proper questions and to understand the newer answers about the structure and function of physical and nonphysical realities.
We can go way beyond our ancient scriptures based on illiterate shepherds talking to angels, burning bushes, and such. Now we can get firsthand information about realities ourselves.
What are the four main worldviews?
Physicist Dean Radin (“Supernormal”) described four worldviews or models of mind-matter interaction that were developed by scientists, philosophers, sages and mystics over millennia:
- Materialism: everything that exists consists of matter (and energy); from matter emerges the brain generated illusion called mind; this is the dominant philosophy of science today.
- Dualism: matter (objective) and mind (subjective) are completely different domains of reality; they are separately dealt with by science and religion without much interaction.
- Idealism: all that exists is pure consciousness; consciousness is primary; matter and energy are emergent; some assert the physical world is a mind generated illusion.
- Panpsychism: mind and matter are real, complementary (both/and); they go all the way down to elementary particles and below, and all the way up to the universe and beyond.
Since there are problems with each one of these models, our worldview needs to be updated.
What is the Big Picture?
After reading several books by Guy Needler and Tom Campbell, I was pleased to discover the many commonalities in their description of the greater reality. That’s good news! Why?
- Even though they come from different backgrounds, and use different ways to explore various levels of reality and their own terminology for the things they have discovered, they both are describing the same basic functional units in their models of reality.
- Thus, they appear to validate each other’s independent consciousness research work.
This Table summarizes the models of reality described by Guy Needler and Tom Campbell, and also compares their specialized terminology to more traditional terms (click to enlarge):
For more, please see “The Origin Speaks” and “My Big TOE (Theory Of Everything)” books.
How does this change our worldview?
This is the first time in our history that we have the ability to understand who we really are and why we are here in a new and more expansive manner. We can go beyond our human form (matter and energy), mind, and soul, and see ourselves from four different perspectives:
- What we are (True Energetic Selves/Oversouls or Independent Units of Consciousness).
- What is part of us (Aspects/Souls or Free Will Awareness Units).
- What we are part of (Source Entity One/”God” or Larger Consciousness System).
- We Are One (part of The Origin/Oneness or Absolute Unbounded Manifold).
Needler said we’re never truly individual. In our True Energetic Self form, we perform a localized function within the larger function of our Source within the even larger function of the Origin. We are creator beings in training, whose goal is to expand the Origin’s sentience.
I hope this post gives you a better idea of the Big Picture, as described by two people, who could be called today’s “Einsteins of consciousness.” They have given us a new worldview:
- Campbell’s model is closer to “idealism,” where consciousness creates everything, and everything can be reduced to information. The Larger Consciousness System is no deity, but an aware, imperfect, finite, evolving conscious entity in a digital information system.
- Needler’s model is closer to “panpsychism,” where we are beings of pure sentience who are given energy to create with. We need to master ourselves and the energies we work with, because eventually we are destined to become Source Entities in our own right!
Although their words may be different, both Needler and Campbell make us question every-thing about ourselves and our environment. In so doing, they encourage us to expand our thought processes beyond the rigidly held belief systems of science, religion and philosophy. Without going into the same detail, Neale Walsch is giving us the same overall perspective:
“God is a process, not the result of that process, but the process itself. The process of creation is never complete, never done. And you are part of that process.”
“Who you are is an Individuation of Divinity. Why you are here is to demonstrate that.” – Neale Donald Walsch
For more information, please see:
Guy Needler: Home – Guy Steven Needler | The Dawn of a New Age of Science (new website) & 6 books: The History of God, Beyond the Source – Book 1, Beyond the Source – Book 2, Avoiding Karma, The Origin Speaks, 2015 & The Anne Dialogues, 2016
Itzhak Bentov: A Brief Tour of Higher Consciousness: A Cosmic Book on the Mechanics of Creation, 2000
Dean Radin: Supernormal: Science, Yoga, and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities, 2013
Neale Donald Walsch: The Complete Conversations with God (Books 1-3), 2005 & NealeDonaldWalsch.com (website)
FOLLOW Big Picture Questions:
At Big Picture Questions.com: Subscribe to Blog via Email (under Search button)
At Facebook: Big Picture Questions
At Twitter: BigPictureQuestions (BigPictureQs) on Twitter