Jul 28 2016
Previously, we learned that “the amorphous” part of the Origin makes up the vast majority of the greater reality. But we are experiencing form and structure in its lowest sense in human form. We are designed to have an individualized perspective of the environments we are in. But that’s not all we’re meant to do, as the famous Hindu saint proclaimed:
“The supreme calling of every human being is to aspire to self-realization. All other obligations are secondary.” – Ananda Mayi Ma (1896-1982)
What is meant by Self-realization vs. God-realization?
In a recent lecture (World Satsanga), Guy Needler described the difference between Self-realization and God-realization among other things. He explained:
- Self-realization is in effect a function of us through personal training, dedication, and meditation being able to communicate with our True Energetic Self (Oversoul, Higher Self, or Godhead—they all mean the same thing).
- The True Energetic Self is this much larger function of sentient energy that has projected a small aspect of itself—what we call an aspect or a soul—into a form, a physical vehicle to allow it to experience the lower frequencies of the multiversal environment.
- Self-realization is the understanding of Self in a higher sense, and communicating with the True Energetic Self as well while we’re still incarnate.
When the Soul can do it at will, that’s when we have reached the level of experiential under-standing that goes with self-realization (see How To Contact Your True Energetic Self? – Big Picture Questions.com). That’s what is meant by “Christ consciousness.”
What is meant by God-realization?
God-realization is when the individual breaks free of the floating feeling of weightlessness, the feeling of being swept along in the air in the sea, the contentment state associated with communicating with and being in communion with our True Energetic Self. Needler said:
- God-realization is moving beyond that, and being in communication with the creator of our True Energetic Selves, which is our Source or what we call God.
- Being able to break free of our self-realization, and move upwards towards God-realization leads us towards communion with our Source, or “Cosmic consciousness.”
There is a function that stops most people, that’s being associated with being in communion with Source. And that is experience of the bliss state. He explained:
- The bliss state is a function of the high energies, the super high energies or megahigh energies, that are resulting effects of communing with Source.
- In a lot of senses, a lot of the meditative practices that people are taught lead us to get to that point and not beyond. The feeling of bliss is so immersive and so delightful that we want to stay there (see Can You Get Addicted To Self-Bliss? – Big Picture Questions.com).
- And in staying there, we stop ourselves from moving forwards and communing, communicating, understanding and working with our Source.
So the God-realization part of it isn’t specifically about experiencing this bliss state and all the wonderful feelings associated with that, which is above and beyond what we experience when we’re in communion with our True Energetic Self. It’s also about breaking beyond that.
- It’s a subtle difference between communicating with our True Energetic Selves, which are in essence individualized units of Source, and actually communicating with that wider energy or sentience that is the Source Entity.
- So we have to be careful that we can choose the energies or the state of beingness that is associated with communicating with the True Energetic Self vs. the creator, the Source.
In summary, Self-realization means one is aware that the human body is not all we are. This leads to Christ consciousness, which is accessing and experiencing the information from one’s True Energetic Self within the multiverse structure.
God-realization means one is in communion with one’s creator, which is accessing and experiencing the information directly from the Source/God, which is beyond the True Energetic Self and beyond the multiverse structure. This leads to Cosmic consciousness.
Over the years, we’ve had lots of philosophical debates about the existence or not of God. Some philosophers in their time claimed that “God is dead” (Hegel, Nietzsche) or “God is lost” (Pascal) or that “metaphysics (as the maximum potential of philosophy) is dead” (Heidegger).
But we have evolved from those days. Now we can experientially know (not just believe or have faith) that God is alive and well. God exists not only within us and our True Energetic Selves, but within the multiverse structure and every entity and energy in it.
Everything is a function of that omniscient sentient entity that we call Source or God. Our supreme calling is to know this for ourselves. That’s what “Know thyself” ultimately means.
For more information, please see:
Guy Needler: Transcript of the World Satsanga (Lecture on “The Amorphous” on July 23, 2016)
Guy Needler: Home – Guy Steven Needler | The Dawn of a New Age of Science (new website) & 5 books: The History of God, Beyond the Source – Book 1, Beyond the Source – Book 2, Avoiding Karma, The Origin Speaks, 2015, The Anne Dialogues (in publication)
FOLLOW Big Picture Questions:
At Big Picture Questions.com: Subscribe to Blog via Email (under Search button)
At Facebook: Big Picture Questions
At Twitter: BigPictureQuestions (BigPictureQs) on Twitter